Wednesday, May 20, 2009

AHHHHHHHHHH

Have you ever been on the phone with someone and you just wanted to reach right through and grab them by the neck and shake them?
I called our mortgage company today to make a payment, okay, I am trying to give them MONEY! You would think that they would be more accommodating when someone is doing their best to pay them. But noooooooooo.
First of all they ask you if you want to use your loan number or social to verify the account. If you give them the loan number, they then ask for your social so tell me, why was there ever an option? Then I sit on hold for 10 minutes...no really, it was actually 10 minutes. The lady comes on the phone and the first thing she asks for is my loan number. Okay, what was the point of my entering it if she's just going to ask for it anyway?
Enough with that. So I tell her I need to make a payment from two different accounts using two different checks. Silence. Um, are you there?? I repeat myself. She totally doesn't understand what I am needing to do. So I explain it slowly. She then tells me that they don't do that. I inform her that they most certainly do, we have done it before. We just need to pay half from one checking account and half from another, not hard. Well then I ask what the total is because I don't have a statement in front of me. Well she can't tell me that because my name isn't on the loan. Because I am, of course, trying to commit fraud by paying money TO an account that I just happen to have the name, address, social security, loan number, etc. for. I guess the exact payment amount is classified.
Anyway, we go around and around and she is as helpful as a dog tick. Seriously, I finally got so upset that I started crying, said thank you and hung up on her.
I then went and ate two cookies to compensate for my emotional distress.....make that three.
Seriously, why is it so impossible to get people to help you and work with you sometimes? Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Robins Fam said...

Wow. At first I thought you might be talking about wanting to reach through the phone to strangle me, so I'm glad to hear that it was someone else giving you such grief. But so sorry that some people are complete idiots, and for some reason we are forced to deal with them from time to time. Thank goodness for cookies!!