Thursday, February 19, 2009

one of THOSE days

Ever had one of those days where you think to yourself, and possibly out loud, at least once during the course of the day; "What on Earth am I doing? What is happening here?" Yesterday....ooooohhhhhhhh, yesterday! Yesterday was definitely one of THOSE days!
In the course of only an hour or so my daughter took off her diaper (for the 18th time) and pooped on the floor. In spite of being disgusting it was actually a little hilarious. My boys came running downstairs with terror in their little faces. "MOOOOOMMMMMYYYYYYYY SUZY POOPED ON OUR FLOOR!!!!" I wish I could properly emphasize the word "poop" to match the utter horror they were obviously feeling. Thankfully the poop was of the pick-upable variety. Sorry, that was a little gross.
Anyway, we take care of that situation but do you know what? I STILL have not found that diaper. I found Suzy, found the poop...but no diaper. It has vanished from this house. I am sure I will find it somewhere fitting....like the bag of sugar in the pantry or the vegetable drawer of the fridge.
So the next lovely thing to grace our afternoon was the bag of rice krispies...yes, that's right, RICE KRISPIES, that were spilled all over the carpet. Not the laminate floors, oh no, the carpet. Of course the vacuum was upstairs and it's too heavy for me to carry down in my state of preggo-ness so, being the evil mother that I am, I did exactly what my father would have done. "You pick up every one of those rice krispies right now!" Of course, we only picked up about 10 before I caved and just left it until Mike got home...sigh.
Now on to the Master Bedroom on our tour-de-destruction....not rice krispies this time. Now it's granola! I guess they snuck some upstairs and spilled it all over the bedroom carpet. At least it's not as bad as the lick-a-stick powder that was spilled on my comforter. Just TRY to sweep that stuff up...go ahead, try it.
Last but certainly not least is Gavin's bed. My boys decided pulling the mattress off of his bed would be great fun and then jumping on the FRAME of the bed would be even more delightful. Need less to say, we now have a broken plank on the bed frame.
By the time Mike got home I was beyond ready for my scheduled Target date with my friend, Mandy. I left the house before anything else could POSSIBLY go wrong.
Target was fun but I have to vent about just one more thing. Care Bear Underwear. Since my daughter refuses to wear a diaper for more than 18 seconds I figured maybe we ought to start thinking potty (although I am typically not in a rush to potty train....I see it as a form of capital punishment on parents). And if I know Suzy, the best way to entice her is to offer her some sort of pay-off, typically in the form of a care bear. Hence my quest for care bear underwear (say that ten times fast....you're trying it aren't you?). So I search the isles of Target. We have Dora, Tinkerbell, Ariel, Minnie Mouse, Belle, flowers, hearts, butterflies and polka dots....no care bears. In fact, you can't find care bear underwear anywhere except for ebay. Oh yes, I forgot, you CAN indeed find it at WalMart...it you are a teenage girl. That's right, they have care bear underwear for teens but NOT for toddlers. Next I suppose they will be selling 3T Budweiser boxers? And the underwear on ebay (aside from the fact that I would be buying underwear on ebay...they are in package but still) are like $8 after shipping for a package of 3. I think I'll just buy her some white panties and put care bear stickers on them.
On a VERY happy note, I did find my favorite raspberry flavored hershey kisses at Target. They are only out at Valentine's Day and I have only been able to find them at Target. They are beyond amazing and guess what? 75% off!! Of course at check out the lady informed me that today they go on sale for 90% off. Oh well.

4 comments:

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

They do have Carebear Target brand pullups....or they did when Abby was potty training. :)

Good luck, girl!!! I feel your pain. :)

Robins Fam said...

Wow, and you made it through?? I think I would've driven off a cliff by then. I'm sure your kiddos are very happy to have you for their mother, even if...no, even WHEN they forget to show it. I have no words of inspiration. Sorry. You want to come visit? It's just as crazy here, but you don't have to worry about it, that's my job.

The Milton Family said...

I have those days. You are still a good mom. How is it that we have those days and ask for more! HAH!I love you. You are the best. I hope to see you tom night.

Terri said...

Sorry for the crazy day. BTW we got care bear undies for Makayla about a year ago. I don't know why they wouldn't have them now. I think we got our at Walmart too. Maybe try a different Walmart or Target.par