Thursday, May 23, 2013

Can We Pretend that Paper Airplanes in the Night Sky...

My kids are really into paper right now. In my last post I made my feelings about massive paper usage known. Before you go giving me props for my environmental conscientiousness, don't. It has nothing to do with my concern for trees and everything to do with my concern for the $3.73 per 500 sheets. You might think that 500 sheets is a lot of paper, and in the normal world of household paper usage you would be right. But in this house? 500 sheets of paper is child's play...literally.
Usually I get all fussy and hide my paper or lock my bedroom door or tell the kids that they get 3 sheets of paper each, etc. It sometimes works, but usually it doesn't. But lately my kids have figured out that if they use the paper to make "gifts", it makes it harder for me to say no. Kids are sneaky little things and they manipulate in such ways.
So I have been getting a lot of paper "gifts" in recent weeks. So has everyone who steps foot in my house. Child 1 got a Star Wars Origami book from the library (I am seriously considering sending them a bill for $3.73 to compensate me.) so his paper gifts look like this...


Allow me to introduce "Fortune Wookiee", "Han Foldo", "Origami Yoda" and "Darth Paper".

Child 2 is all about paper aviation. So he has been making lots (and I do mean LOTS) of these...
That's a model C189Turbo and it flies quite nicely...all around the house...all the time...including into my face while I breastfeed a baby.
 

Child 3 likes to cool down the family with one, or fifteen, of these...
We keep getting bulk requests from China. The design is patent pending.
 
Child 4 and Child 5 want to play with paper too. They are perhaps my biggest mass producers of paper "gifts". They watch their siblings color and fold, so OF COURSE they want to color and fold too. So we get plenty of these...
 
If you have any requests, send them on over. Ramsey paper gifts a plenty in this house. Please send $3.73 per 500 paper "gifts".

3 comments:

Mike Ramsey said...

I think our friends that just left after visiting for a few days had to strap an extra suitcase to the roof just for all of there paper gifts, including the one we had to run out and flag them down as they were pulling away to give them to avoid the tears from number 4!

Amanda K. said...

as a fellow member, co-founder, and co-president of WSYCCTE i'm a little disappointed to read that your number one concern isn't the environment.

Jenny Ramsey said...

Amanda. Oh my gosh, I had COMPLETELY forgotten about that. HILARIOUS!!!
I do, however, remember Pup Patrol. So I guess what I'm saying is...forgive me?